• +351 211 339 015
  • +351 915 623 588
  • Language
Send a message

Porto in the Morning – Private Panoramic Tour

Listing ID: 26914
Tell your friends about this product

Join To Referral Form

What Will You Do

Liberty Square

This wide avenue, flanked by a group of buildings from the 20s and 40s, is closed on the southern side by the Cardosas building (19th century), and at North by the City Hall. In the centre of the Praça da Liberdade (Liberty Square) stands the king's D. Pedro IV statue, inaugurated in 1866.

São Bento Railway Station

The São Bento Railway Station was built at the beginning of the twentieth century on the exact location of the former Convent of São Bento de Avé Maria. The glass and iron structure was designed by the architect Marques da Silva. The vestibule is adorned with twenty thousand tiles painted by Jorge Colaço that illustrate the transport evolution and events of Portuguese history and life.


Construction dating from the twelfth/thirteenth century, in Romanesque style, that has been enlarged and renewed over the years up to its final setting, in the twentieth century, resulting in an idealized reconstitution of the medieval cathedral. Special mention goes to: the Gothic São João Evangelista Chapel and the cloister, from the fourteenth century; the enlargement of the main chapel, the Santíssimo Sacramento Chapel and its silver altar, from the eighteenth century (mannerist)

D. Pedro Pitões Tower

Medieval house-tower discovered at the time of demolition work on the premises where the front yard to the Cathedral was built, in 1940. It was then completely rebuilt, being moved from the original site about 15 meters.

Quadrangular building, divided into two floors, with a high arch door to the south and a stone terrace, Gothic, to the north. There it was located, until 1960, the City History Office, so this building was also known as the City Tower.

After April 25, 1974, the Tower was occupied by the population, who installed there the Social and Cultural Centre of the neighbourhood of Sé. This is where the Official Tourist Office works.

Church of Santa Clara

Building of Gothic origin whose interior was covered with golden gild in the first half of the eighteenth century. The construction dates from the first half of the fifteenth century. It went through some changes in modern times when the beautiful Renaissance portal was built. This real Baroque jewel impresses by its decorative exuberance.

Dão Fernando City Wall

The Dão Fernando wall was built to substitute the old late-medieval wall that, by the 15th Century, had become too small for the growing city. It was rebuilt by Dão Fernando, after whom it was named, between 1368 and 1437 with money from the wine transfer tax and it was about 3000 paces long and 30 feet high. It was topped off by battlements and strengthened by bastions and towers. Two stretches still exist today.

Rivoli Municipal Theatre

After the reform of the old National Theatre, in 1913, the Rivoli Theatre was inaugurated in 1932 adapted to cinema and with the programming of opera, dance, theatre and concerts.

In 1992, being owned by the Municipality of Porto, it closed to be completely remodelled expanding the existing area to more than 11,000m2, creating a secondary auditorium, a café-concert, a rehearsal room and a foyer of artists, as well as spaces for administrative and technical services. It reopened in 1997.

It currently has two auditoriums, and a café concert and restaurant located on the 5th floor.

Rectory of the University of Porto

Designed by Carlos Amarante in the neoclassical style and financed by the Literary Subsidy, a tax on wine, 1803. The building, of classical style, has some similarities with the Santo António Hospital. In 1911 it housed the Faculty of Sciences, and presently houses the Rectory and the Natural History Museum of the University of Porto.

Clérigos Tower

This baroque work by Nicolau Nasoni was built in the first half of the eighteenth century. The Clérigos Tower is one of the most emblematic monuments of the city of Porto. The panoramic view over the city and the river Douro which can be seen from the top of the tower makes the 240 step climb worth the effort.

Lello Bookshop

The building where the library is now located was inaugurated in 1906. Special mention goes to its beautiful Art Nouveau façade with neo-Gothic details. On the inside, the library is decorated in painted plaster imitating wood and presents a magnificent staircase linking it to the upper floor one of the first reinforced concrete works in Porto. Also worthy of attention is the huge stained – glass skylight, bearing the library's monogram and motto.

São João Bridge

This railway structure, by Edgar Cardoso, connects Campanhã station in Porto to all southern destinations with the first station being General Torres in Vila Nova de Gaia. Its central span of 250m, was a new world record among the bridges in "portico". The three spans are supported by two large piers founded in the riverbed close to each of the riverbanks. The inauguration took place on June 24, 1991, the day of São João.

Maria Pia Bridge

Gustavo Eiffel's first masterpiece, which he worked on with Theóphile Seyrig, was inaugurated in 1877 and remained in use for 114 years. It has a double hinged arch that supports a single-track railway deck on truss pillars. In 1982 it was classified as a national monument and in 1999 it gained international recognition as being of historical importance to civil engineering due to its innovative construction.

Infant Bridge

The bridge was inaugurated in 30 March 2003 following a project by the engineer Adão da Fonseca. It was built to replace the upper deck lane of the D. Luís I Bridge, used now by the metro line D . With a 371 metres long and 20 metres wide deck, it is a Maillart-type arch bridge, built at a high altitude level, presenting a span-rise ratio of 11,2, with a 280 m arch span - a world record, it is considered by the world experts to be one of the most elegant of its type.

Luís I Bridge

Planned by the engineer Teófilo Seyrig, a disciple of Eiffel, it was inaugurated in 1886 and it is composed by two overlapping iron decks. The bridge has 395 metres long and 8 metres wide, and its arch is still considered to be the world's biggest one in forged iron. Nowadays the upper deck is used by the Metro of Porto, connecting the area of Porto's Cathedral to the Garden of Morro and to the República Avenue in Vila Nova de Gaia.

Piers of Suspension Bridge

Work of the French firm Claranges Lucotte and Company. It was inaugurated in 1843 and fulfilled the need of a permanent bridge connecting Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia. It was said, however, that the bridge shook like "green sticks" and this feeling of insecurity contributed to its short 44yr existence. It was deactivated in 1887 and replaced by Ponte Luis I. Currently, only two stone, obelisk shaped pillars remain.

Stock Exchange Palace

A National Monument, the Palácio da Bolsa (Stock Exchange Palace) is the property and headquarters of the Commercial Association of Porto. It was designed by Joaquim da Costa Lima in a neoclassical style in 1842. Situated in the historical centre, it is one of the most visited monuments with the famous Arabian Room being its major highlight. A Cultural and Conference Centre, the Stock Exchange Palace is a venue with unique conditions for hosting events and excellent initiatives.

São Nicolau Church

This building is hugely representative of Porto's religious architecture of the late seventeenth century. It is also part of a mannerist tendency although some Baroque influence can be seen. The nave comprises the notable St Eligius retable, which shows the beautiful image of Santo Elói (St Eligius), Patron of metalworkers.

São Francisco Church

The city's most important Gothic temple, whose construction began in the fourteenth century, It is one of the most important works of the Baroque, by its gilded interior from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. It was the exuberance of its gild carved wood work that led Count Raczinsky to describe it as the 'Church of Gold'. And, overwhelmed, he adds: 'The gild of this church is so beautiful and rich that goes far beyond everything I have seen in Portugal and in the whole world'. It is worth of notice the Tree of Jesse, as well as the catacombs. It is a National Monument since 1910 and World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO since 1996.

New Customs of Porto

A neoclassical building, built in the 19th century, according to a project carried out by the engineer Jean F. G. Colson. It has two facades, one facing the Douro river and one facing the city. Note the structural solutions that resorted to the use of iron in conjunction with other materials - stone, brick or wood - depending on the functionality of the different spaces. In 1987, it was decided to house the future Museum of Transport and Communications.

Tram Museum

Opened in 1992, the Museu do Carro Eléctrico (Tram Museum) contains a collection of trams and other auxiliary vehicles which used to run along the streets of Porto and left a mark on the history of light urban rail transport in the city. Its holdings also include an example of the horse-pulled American trolley buses which were first introduced into Porto in 1872. Housed in the old Massarelos power station, a listed municipal building, the museum also exhibits some of the original equipment used before.

Arrábida Bridge

The Arrábida Bridge, designed by Edgar Cardoso and with a span of 270 m, was, for some time, the longest reinforced concrete bridge span in the world. Inaugurated in 1963, it sits 70 meters above the average water level. Bronze sculptures sit on top of the four great pillars that support the central span, adding to the bridge's innovative spirit and modernist style.

Fortress of São João Baptista

The fortress was built at the end of the sixteenth century to protect the coast and the Douro entrance. Modern strongholds were added (sec. XVII) to the original structure of this fine example of military architecture and the access gate to the fort (18th century).

Fortress of São Francisco Xavier

Fort São Francisco Xavier (Cheese Castle) Built in the 17th century to protect the coast from the pirates of North Africa, it is located on a cheese-shaped rocky hill, thus obtaining the name Castelo do Queijo (Cheese Castle).

D. João VI Estatue

Work carried out by Salvador Carvao da Silva d'Eca Barata-Feyo, was inaugurated in June 1966. The monument is composed of a high pedestal of decorated granite, which on its front exhibits a crown and the legend D. Joao VI.

On this pedestal sits the metal statue, cast in brass, representing King D. Joao VI riding horses, giving a sense of movement.

With his left hand he holds the reins and with his right holds a balloon, which surely already intended to symbolize the imperial dignity obtained in 1816, through the creation of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves.

It is a replica of the statue that Portugal offered to the city of Rio de Janeiro on its 4th anniversary.

The Anemone

She Changes, known locally as anémona (the anemone), is a sculpture designed by artist Janet Echelman for the cities of Porto and Matosinhos, Northern Portugal. It is beautiful and looks like a huge fishnet than moves with the wind, it is fluid piece of art.

Porto Cruise Terminal

Placed amidst an attractive tourist destination, Porto, Leixões has increased its cruises’ operation. Following the open of the new Cruise Quay, in April 2011, the Port of Leixões started to have two docking berths for cruises and to receive larger ships (up to 300m). In 2012, the number of passengers increased 81% and the number of ships 25%. 75.613 passengers have visited Porto. In 2013 the Port of Leixões expects around 70 cruise calls corresponding to more than 66.000 passengers and 30.000 crew members visiting the region.

House of Music

Designed by the Dutch arquitect, Rem Koolhaas, the Casa da Musica was opened in 2005. Since then it has become an icon of contemporary arquitecture.

Albuquerque Mouzinho Square

From the authorship of Marques da Silva, Ma José Marques da Silva, Moreira da Silva, Henrique Moreira, Sousa Caldas and Alves de Sousa, this monument was inaugurated in 1951.

It is a work of historical, architectural-sculptural evocation of spectacular grandiosity, composed of an obelisk and several sculptural groups with symbolic figures such as the eagle (represents the Napoleonic army) and the lion (represents the indomitable spirit of the Portuguese people.

Monastery of Serra of Pilar

The Monastery of Serra of Pilar was created after the reform of the Order of Augustinian, when the monks of Grijó were transferred to the new location. It begins in 1537 the construction of the new monastery, which features a plant that consists by the church, of circular plant, the main chapel, of rectangular plant, and the cloister also of circular plant, all arranged sequentially. It is considered one of the most remarkable buildings of the European classical architecture due to the circular church and cloister. In 1809 the Monastery space was occupied by the troops of Wellington, when was planed the attack by the Portuguese army to the city of Porto, occupied by Napoleon’s troops.

Serralves House (Optional)

The Casa de Serralves, home of the Serralves Foundation, was built in the 30s of the twentieth century and is one of the best examples of the Art Deco movement in Europe. Strictly complying with the Marques da Silva project, the House hosts exhibitions, and events.

The house is in the Serralves Park, a unique reference of the landscape in Portugal, which extends harmoniously for eighteen hectares of magnificent gardens, a traditional farmhouse, and even a forest. Architect Jacques Greber's project, Serralves Park is one of the few Portuguese gardens built in the first half of the 20th century.

Located in the heart of Porto, Serralves brings together in one place the Museum of Contemporary Art, Casa Arte Deco, and the Park, as well as leisure facilities, shops and restaurant.

Crystal Palace Gardens (Optional)

The Romantic Gardens of Palácio de Cristal occupy an area of 8 hectares in Porto's centre and they were designed in the 19th century by the German landscape architect Émille David, in the context of constructing the building of Palácio de Cristal (Crystal Palace). Currently, the following remain preserved in accordance with the original project: Jardim Émille David at the main entrance, Avenida das Tílias Avenue, the forest, and the balconies' design over the river Douro.

National Museum of Soares dos Reis (Optional)

Founded in 1833, the Antigo Museu Portuense de Pinturas e Estampas (Old Porto Museum of Painting and Prints) was the first public art museum in Portugal.

Housed, since 1940, in the Palácio dos Carrancas (Carrancas Palace) and built at the end of the 18th Century by a wealthy Porto family, it is classified as a heritage site.

It has collections of ceramics, sculptures, engravings, jewellery, furniture, gold and silver work, paintings, textiles, and glass.

Bolhão Market (Optional)

The Mercado do Bolhão is the most emblematic of the city and was classified as a public interest property in 2006. It dates to 1850, as a singular structure of two heights, characterized by the monumental nature of neoclassical architecture.

Outside, the market is divided into many establishments, which face the four streets that delimit it: Fernandes Tomás, the north, Alexandre Braga, the east, Formosa to the south and Sá da Bandeira to the west.

It is mainly focused on fresh produce. Traders are divided into different specialized sections: fishing area, cuts, horticultural products, and floral items.

View More


  • Take the morning to discover the best that Porto has to offer. A private and exclusive tour, made with you and yours in mind. Get ready to see Porto through the eyes of those who were born there and live in it now.


???? - Private tour.

✅ - Free Pick-up and Drop-off.

???? - Optional sight-seeing stops along the way.

????️ - Certified Tourist Driver.

????‍♂️  - English; French; Spanish or Portuguese Speaking drivers with local knowledge.

???? – Chauffer style with code dress.

ℹ️ - Local tips and information - Our friendly drivers are locals and are happy to share their insights or give tips on what to do at your destination.

???? - Free water bottles.

???? - Extra amenities.

???? - Free internet

View More


???? – Tips - Gratuity isn’t included or required, but if you really enjoyed your trip, you can show your driver your appreciation with an optional tip.

???? - Admissions to venues and attractions along the route.


⛈️ - Weather

Exact destinations and itineraries may be changed due to weather, road conditions and the guide’s discretion. If cancelled due to poor weather, a different date or a full refund will be offered. Please check our Terms and Conditions.

???? - Wine cellars

Included wine cellars are subject to change based on their availability, private events, and holidays.

???? – Valid ID

It is mandatory to present a valid photo ID for drinking alcohol in wineries. Be aware that the legal drinking age in Portugal is 18 years.

???? - Smoke free.

???? - Personal accident and liability insurance included.

???? - Luggage - Each passenger is allowed to have one checked bag and one carry on. If you’re traveling with more bags or oversized luggage, please inform us.

???? - Big luggage - 29x21x11 inches / 74x54x28 cm

???? - Small luggage - 22x14x9 inches / 56x36x23 cm

Operated by Endless Weekend Tours ®

What do I need to bring?

????️???? - Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and sunscreen if it’s sunny or a raincoat and an umbrella if it’s raining.

???? - Don’t forget your camera!

View More


  • Room
  • Hotel/Pick Up - Drop Off Location

You might also like

More experiences from the same supplier

Call us
Email us